Just recently, Nikon announced the latest addition to its legendary digital SLR lineup, the Nikon D5300. Offering the benefits of SLR performance with the versatility of wireless connectivity. Though compact and lightweight, the Nikon D5300 packs an enhanced 24.2-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor, EXPEED 4 image processing and a built-in Wi-Fi.
The Nikon D5300 offers stunning image quality with sharp, crisp detail to preserve life's precious memories. The enhanced 24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor delivers stunning images and HD videos with heightened clarity and detail due to the removal of the optical low pass filter (OLPF). The D5300 has the performance, along with easy and intuitive features, to help users capture photos confidently, including:
- Low Light Performance – For clean, sharp details even in the most challenging lighting conditions, the Nikon D5300 covers a wide ISO range of 100-12,800 and is expandable to ISO 25,600.
- EXPEED 4 Image Processing – Nikon's most recent image processing engine drives the rapid response and swift performance of the D5300, while maximizing energy efficiency, reducing image noise and delivering true-to-life colors.
- Scene Recognition System – To further help users capture the image they intend, the Nikon D5300 features Nikon's Scene Recognition System and 2,016-pixel RGB metering system to analyze and recognize the scene. Utilizing these systems results in adjustments to exposure, AF and white balance to deliver the best photo possible, whether it's a landscape or portrait.
- 39-Point AF System – Nikon's quick and precise 39-point AF system works with the Scene Recognition System to accurately acquire and track subjects throughout the frame, resulting in tack-sharp images.
- 5 Frames-Per-Second – While using the optical viewfinder or in Live View, capture great moments that would have otherwise been missed with the D5300's 5 frames-per-second (fps) rate.
The D5300 is Nikon's first D-SLR to feature built-in Wi-Fi, allowing the user to share high quality photos instantly. The Nikon D5300 sends images to the user's smart device, allowing them to share their D-SLR quality photos through e-mail and social media. The Nikon D5300 also includes built-in GPS, another first for Nikon D-SLRs. Now the user can geotag images and allow others to see where life has taken them.