Western Digital (WD) has announced that they are now shipping the worlds thinnest 1 TB hard drive . The 2.5-inch WD Blue measures just 7 mm thick. through select distributors and resellers in the Philippines.
Western Digital said that their entire line of 2.5-inch WD Blue drives from the 320GB to 1TB range will now be available in the 7mm thickness. The 7mm drives feature Western Digital's Shock Tolerance, Cool and Quiet, and Stable Track technologies for an improved customer experience.
Features of the WD Blue 7 mm hard drives include:
- Shock Tolerance – WD’s ShockGuard technology protects the drive mechanics and platter surfaces from shocks.
- Cool and quiet - WD’s exclusive WhisperDrive technology enables quiet performance.
- StableTrac – The motor shaft is secured at both ends to compensate for system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking during read and write operations which enables consistently higher performance.
- Dual Stage Actuators – Leveraged from enterprise-class drives, dual stage actuators utilize two actuators to improve positional accuracy over the data track(s). The primary actuator provides coarse displacement using conventional electromagnetic actuator principles. The secondary actuator uses piezoelectric motion to fine tune the head positioning to a higher degree of accuracy.
- Reliable – WD’s SecurePark parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up, spin down, and when the drive is off. This ensures the recording head never touches the disk surface resulting in improved long term reliability due to less head wear, and improved non-operational shock tolerance.
- Compatibility Tested - WD performs tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in its FIT Lab and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give customers confidence that drives will work in specific systems.
Pricing and Availability
The new 1 TB WD Blue 7 mm 2.5-inch mobile hard drive is covered by a two-year limited warranty. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price Php6,990.