"Laing" (Natong) is a spicy dish that is Coconut milk based with dried taro leaves. This originated from the Philippine's Bicol region (south most part of Luzon Island).
Because of its really great taste and budget friendly cost, this dish became well known.
1 pack dried taro leaves
1/2 lb. pork, cut into thin stripes.
1/2 lb. shrimp, with head(optional)
1/2 cup shrimp paste
1 medium onion, chopped
6 pcs Thai chili
1/4 cup ginger, into strips
1 tsbp garlic, minced
3 cups Coconut milk
2 tsbp fish sauce
1. In a large pan, pour-in the coconut milk and bring to boil.
2. Add the garlic, onion, and ginger.
Simmer for 10 minutes
3. Add the pork meat and shrimp paste and stir continuously
4. Put in the Thai chili and simmer for another 10 minutes.
5. Add the fish sauce and dried Taro leaves and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes
6. Put the shrimps in and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot. Enjoy.
Source : Taga Bikol Ako Kaya Oragon Ako