Join the 2013 TREND MICRO BIG DATA INNOVATION PROGRAMMING CONTEST and get a chance to win USD 8,000!
All you need to do is form a team with 2-4 members. Be prepared to create a solution proposal that can harness the power of Big Data and register your team at:
The top 2 winners from PH will be competing with other teams from China, Taiwan, and Japan.
Go to the contest website for more details. Registration ends on May 12, 2013.
- This contest is open to all actively enrolled college/MA/MS/PhD students from any course/major within the Philippines.
- Contestants must form a team with a minimum of two (2) members and a maximum of four (4) members.
- Trend Micro will be releasing a problem statement via email to the registered teams. The formed teams must submit a solution proposal document in the format prescribed by Trend Micro on or before June 2, 2013.
- This contest is about creating solutions/applications for Big Data to produce information that can be used to improve our daily life or increase a company’s business value.The solutions will be evaluated based on Big Data’s 4V characteristics: Volume, Variety, Velocity, Veracity.
- The contest schedule and complete details of this contest can be found in the Contest Mechanics doc below.
2nd Elimination Round
- USD 600 per team + 3-day trip to Taipei USD 300 per team
- USD 8000 + 5-day trip to China or Japan USD 6000 + 5-day trip to China or Japan USD 5000 USD 2000 per team
Visit Trend Micro Pilipinas for more details