HTC and Facebook have just announced the HTC First Smartphone built to feature Facebook Home software that puts facebook at the center of the Android operating system.
The HTC First is thin, modern and seamless, with soft edges to draw your attention to the updates from friends and family on the 4.3-inch glass display. Inside, the smartphone runs Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) with the new Facebook Home experience and incorporates a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with dual-core CPU and 3G/4G world and multimode LTE.
"Home is a completely new experience for your phone," said Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook's Founder and CEO. "With Home available right out of the box, you're getting the best quality experience for connecting with your friends."
Facebook Home brings your News Feed to the surface, immediately giving you the content you care about right on your home screen when you turn on your phone without having to open an app or access a mobile website. Just sign into your Facebook account and begin using Home – no need for download or configuration. Facebook Home connects you directly with your friends, whether it’s their real-time updates and newest photo uploads being streamed on your cover feed or the ability to chat with friends without jumping in and out of apps.
Facebook Home is built around your friends and puts them at the center of your phone:
- Cover feed: A constant, fresh stream of photos and updates from your newsfeed, cover feed is always present when you wake up your phone. It lets you stay up-to-date on your friends’ latest activities in real-time, all the time. You can swipe through to see more photos and updates, double tap to “like” a post and comment right from cover feed. To learn more about cover feed, check out this video.
- Notifications: Notifications from apps and friends appear right on your home screen. It’s easier to see when you have a missed call, calendar reminder or new message. Open a notification with a double tap or clear them away to see your Cover Feed. To learn more about notifications, check out this video.
- Chat Heads: The mobile messenger lets you jump in and out of conversations while you do other things, like watch a video and browse the web. Reply right from chat heads, or move them around if you're not ready to respond. Plus you can send and receive texts and Facebook messages from the same spot. To learn more about chat heads, check out this video.
- App Launcher: See your favorite apps and post right to Facebook from the same spot. You choose what’s on your app launcher—press and hold an app then drag it anywhere.
- Instagram: HTC First is the only phone that comes with Instagram pre-loaded.
HTC First Specifications
1.4GHz dual-core Qualcomm 8930AA Snapdragon 400 processor
Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) with Facebook Home
1GB of RAM
16GB of internal storage
5MP autofocus BSI camera with LED flash
1080p@30fps Full HD video recording
1.6MP BSI front camera
NFC capable / Bluetooth 4.0 BLE
microUSB v2.0 / 3.5mm audio jack
Wi-Fi 802.11 a//b/g/n / Wi-Fi Hotspot
GPS with A-GPS support and GLONASS
Digital Compass / Gyro sensor /Accelerometer
Proximity sensor / Ambient light sensor
Li-Pol 2,000mAh battery
HTC First will be available in four colors: black, white, red and pale blue. The hardware is thin, modern and seamless, with soft edges to draw your attention to the updates from friends and family on the 4.3-inch glass display. Inside, the smartphone runs Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) with the new Facebook Home experience and incorporates a Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 400 processor with dual-core CPU and 3G/4G world and multimode LTE so you can enjoy the richest content on AT&T’s blazing fast 4G LTE network.
Pricing and Availability
The pricing and availability of HTC First in the Philippines are still not available as of this moment but we’ll update this post once we get more information. So, stay tuned!