The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced this weekend the closure of several portions of EDSA today until Monday, the celebration of the 27th anniversary of the People Power Revolution.
At 9:00 PM, White Plains Drive from Temple Drive to EDSA (westbound) shall be closed for the setting up of the event stage. In effect, counter-flow shall be implemented at the eastbound lanes.
Motorists are advised to avoid the affected areas and instead use alternate routes, Chairman Francis Tolentino said.
- Both directions of White Plains Drive will be closed at 2:00 a.m. for the “Run for Juan”
- At 5:00 a.m., EDSA northbound bus lanes and third lane from Julia Vargas to Guadix Road and all three lanes of the EDSA Ortigas flyover (northbound) will be partially closed. The flyover will remain open for motorists turning left to Ortigas Greenhills. Likewise, the EDSA northbound service road, from Guadix to EDSA Shrine will remain open.
- Full closure of EDSA northbound from Ortigas Avenue to Santolan will also be in effect starting at 5:00 in the morning. Motorists may turn right to Julia Vargas to destination or pass through EDSA flyover then left to Ortigas Greenhills to destination.
- By 7:00 a.m., the entire stretch of EDSA will be opened. White Plains Drive, however, will be opened at 8:00 a.m.
- At 9:00 p.m., two lanes of EDSA northbound from the People Power Monument to Gate 3 of Camp Aguinaldo will be used for the rehearsals.
- 12:01 a.m. – Lanes 3-5 of EDSA will be partially closed (inner lanes from Corinthians to Aguinaldo Gate 3). Platform construction will be undertaken by DPWH. One lane of both directions of White Plains Drive will be passable.
- 1:00 a.m. – Total closure of White Plains from Temple Drive to EDSA
- 2:00 a.m. – Total closure of White Plains from EDSA to Temple Drive
- 5:00 a.m. – Total closure of EDSA northbound from Ortigas flyover approach to Santolan. Likewise, EDSA northbound service road from Guadix Drive to EDSA Shrine will be totally closed.
- 11:00 a.m. – entire stretch of EDSA will be opened to traffic.
- Meanwhile, Tolentino clarified that the Unified Vehicular Volume Reduction Program (UVVRP) or the number coding scheme will be enforced on Monday.