MANILA - The University of the Philippines released on Saturday the results of the UP College Admission Test for school year 2013 to 2014.
Hundreds of thousands of high school seniors took the UPCAT last August 2012. In 2011, for instance, there were over 70,000 examinees.
The list of those who passed the exam can be found here:
Check the list of the passers here
UPCAT consists of 5 sub-tests:
Language Proficiency, Science, Mathematics, Reading Comprehension, and Essay.
"Standardized scores on these subtests are combined with the weighted average of final grades in the first three years of high school to determine qualification into UP. Moreover, to implement the policy of democratization to make the UP studentry more representative of the nation’s population, socio-economic and geographic considerations are factored in the selection of campus qualifiers," UP says.
ANNOUNCEMENT: UPCAT 2013 results to be published very soon!
Click here for more information.
Application Forms for UPCAT 2013 are now available
Please download the following:
Download Acrobat Reader to open .pdf files.
Please print downloaded forms in an 8.5"x13" paper.
A foreign applicant who graduated from a high school abroad and has not enrolled in college may be admitted to the freshman class if he meets the following requirements:
- completion of high school program in the country where he had his secondary education (including the completion of a one- or two-year pre-university education in a country where such is a prerequisite for admission to a bachelor's degree program)
- qualifying in a college-qualifying national or international foreign-administered examination such as General Certificate of Education (GCE) Examination and the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or equivalent examination:
- GCE: 3 ordinary level passes and 2 advanced level passes
- SAT: minimum total score of 1200 (Math and Critical Reading Only)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
Filipino High School Graduates from Abroad
A Filipino who graduated from a secondry school abroad applying for freshman admission to the University must satisfy the same requirements as those for foreign students.
UP College Admission Test (UPCAT)
A graduate from a high school abroad who fails to satisfy the requirements for automatic admission (i.e., Item 2 under General Requirements) may take the UP College Admission Test (UPCAT).